Do you like travelling to Brasil or you prefer walking to a nearby forest? Do you like following trends or you like ‘writing’ your own story? To stop beating around the bush, do you prefer to be shaved buffed and bare, just a little hair like Hitler’s mustache, or all natural growing crazy like a wild weed? Hmm, let’s see what we can say about this.
When the month of November was the hair-growing month for some, it was quite the opposite for Louise and me :). Movember was really strong this time, many men that we know joined the movement by letting their moustaches grow. Us however, did nothing of the sort. With the small exception of the hair covering our heads, we wanted to devote this month to the thorough hair removal of all the excess hair that at that time could be found on our bodies. There was not a lot of hair to be found however, since we’ve spent quite some years and money trying to remove it up until then, but still, we have had never before tried to do it permanently.
This time, we could do that, because we were lucky enough to get to know the at-home IPL device Philips Lumea. It uses an innovative light-based technology called Intense Pulsed Light, derived from the technology otherwise used only in professional beauty salons. Philips has adapted this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home. Philips Lumea works by applying gentle pulses of light to the hair follicle. As a result, hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited.
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure a gentle treatment across different skin tones and body hair colors. Apparently the IPL treatment is not effective on red or light blonde hair, nor is it suitable for very dark skin, as it can cause skin damage, such as burns, blisters or discoloring. Fortunately, we complied with all the requirements of Lumea, and we could use it as freely as we wished.
It is simple to use, no help of any other people is needed, except maybe your man for helping you reach those hidden and hard to reach by yourself spots of your body! Don’t worry, he will be enjoying causing you this prickling and itching sensations, as a pay back time for all those naggings and bad mood moments that you’ve put him through.
You should repeat the treatment every 14 days for at least 4 to 5 times and the results that you’ll get are bound to be really great. They will be even so good, that you should really give a huge thought about the body parts that you want to deprive of your hair and those that should still keep some samples of it here and there. You never know when ‘natural beauty’ will become trendy again and you will find yourself completely out of style? Of course, we are quite sure, that we’ll be able to buy ‘bushes’ of all sorts, different shapes and sizes, which could be stuck by glue wherever needed! So, don’t worry, start IPL-ing yourself as soon as you can, summer is getting closer!
Video made by Thelma & Louise: Philips Lumea – IPL Hair Removal System
Well, this is our story. How about you? Are you one of those women who prefer to cover themselves with clothes rather than hair too, or you are following your own trends? And how about you guys? How do you like your women to wear their bushes and the rest of the hair on their bodies? Do you prefer them naked as a newborn child, carefully clipped or hairy as a yeti? And you? Do you care about your own looks as much as we do about ours?
Aaaaa, it seems quite complicated, doesn’t it! But pubic hair has been growing between our legs since … well, since we’ve existed. Currently en vogue for women, and the subject of much debate, is the hairless, or as-little-hair-down-there-as-possible, look. Whether you choose to go hairless or not, did you know that the bald below trend existed way before “Sex and the City”? It seems the ancient Egyptians considered pubic hair uncivilized too and were removing it with razors made of flint or bronze or by a practice still used today called sugaring. So, we should probably rename “the Brazilian” to “the Egyptian”. Did you know that?
- Power system – Rechargeable battery
- Voltage – 100-240 V
- Charging time – 100 minutes
- Running time – Minimum 370 flashes
- Safety ring system – Prevent unintentional flashing
- 5 light energy settings – Adjustable to your skin type
- Integrated UV filter – Protects skin from UV light
- Storage – Beauty case
- Charger – Multi voltage charger
- Application time:
1.Bikini – 5 min
2.Underarm - 1,5 min
3.Lower leg - 12 min
- Since the price of the device is not so friendly, there is something that you could do to get it even when you birthday is still months away. You could share the device together with two or three of your girlfriends and you should buy it by yourselves. Then Lumea can circle among you and work continuously from day to day.
- The battery could last longer… but the charging is pretty quick, so you are quickly back in business
- Pain-free. Quiet, with no mess
- Of course you can express your enthusiasm to your man, explain clearly enough what it can do and what could be the results of using it…and we are sure Lumea will be your next B-day or anniversary present.
- Easy to use; so easy and convenient that you have to be really careful not to IPL parts where you could still express your creativity for spicing it up a bit…
- You can use Lumea on your guy…why should you be the only one whose skin is soft and smooth?
- Excellent for Men thick stubborn hair
- Wish this had been on the market years ago:):)
- You won’t regret buying it
Girls, no more shaving or painful waxing;)