Have you heard that young Australians and New Zealanders travel a lot? Do you know why? They explained to Thelma, when she was exploring Egipt 10 years ago (OMG, already 10???), why there are so many Aussies and Kiwis to be met all around the world. The thing is, they get special subventions from their country to encourage them to travel, explore the world and pick life experience. They should use this opportunity before turning thirty though:). Would you?
So, Thelma met many Australian people traveling around Egipt, two of the guys were especially cute and they seemed to have had exactly the same travelling plans as Thelma and her friend Nadia?! They spent quite some time together:). In Dahab on Sinai, they went diving and surfing together and just spent some days lying around different beach places. In one of those cute bungalow places, where they usually spent their nights, they also met this gorgeous young girl, yoga instructor from New Zealand. She was travelling around with her Aussie friend who she was sharing a room with back in London where they had a base.
Zoe turned thirty 5 years ago and she’s been living in Auckland for quite some time now. She wrote to Thelma some weeks ago, telling her she plans to make a stop in Ljubljana on the way to Dubrovnik where she went on vacation. Of course Thelma was very pleased of her arrival. She follows her on FB and Twitter, but besides this she hasn’t seen her since Egipt. Zoe is quite a twit girl, she has strong opinions about many things and she likes to share them with her friends and others.
Thelma wanted to be a really good host, so after getting to know Zoe’s travel itinerary, she made a plan. Important element of the plan was also entrusted to a beautiful BMW X1, which TC got for testing :). The timing of that was just perfect!
The day that Zoe arrived to Ljubljana, started by picking her at the airport. I went along because Thelma wanted me to meet this charismatic creature. After a 10-minute recap of last 10 years happening of both of the girls:), we finally moved towards the car. Zoe was absolutely stunned with the car; apparently this is her dream car. She wanted to know everything about it. Thelma left her thinking the car is hers for a while, but could not play this game for a long :).
We had two days to spend together before Zoe needed to start her way to Croatia. Being half way to Bled, when picking her at the airport, we decided to hit the road towards Bohinj.
The BMW X1 sDrive 18i is the smallest member of BMW’s current X-generation. Of course, we had more than enough space for us girls and Zoe’s baggage as she is used of backpacking anyway. BMW X1 sDrive 18i is a 5 doors and 5 seats car, which means we had 2 places left for eventual hitchhikers, preferably of male gender
Zoe was totally impressed by the beauty of Bohinj, mountains rising above the lake and parachute jumpers. We had a quick swim in the lake and first free lessons of yoga.
On the way to Ljubljana, we had a stop in Bled. Thelma wanted us to walk around the lake, Zoe wished to take a ride in “Pletna” and I was cheering for “kremšnita”. Guess who won?
The place was packed so we hardly found a spot to park the car. The parking system guided us to the right position. Only thing that needs practice here is not turning your head back and trying to look over the shoulder, you just need to observe the display in front of you and check the mirrors of the car. You won’t have problems with mirrors, will you?
Pletna ride was fun and Zoe got to know a thing or two about Bled. The guy who was riding the boat was young, spoke very good English and was more than just nice to Zoe, who didn’t and didn’t want to get off the boat at the end of the ride.
We bought some “kremšnita” and hit the road back to Ljubljana. Because Thelma was organizing the evening out with the rest of the girls, the phone was ringing all the time. The car has an USB audio interface for easy listening, so you can connect your phone over the blue tooth. It made me absolutely crazy! As soon as the radio started to play a good song and me and Zoe started singing, the phone rang over and over again. Of course the music stopped and Thelma talked and talked and wouldn’t stop:) I could have killed her!!!
We went out that night, and we stayed long :). Many guys wanted to be noticed, but only few were crazy enough to follow us!
The next day Thelma took Zoe for a morning coffee and a long walk through Ljubljana. According to Thelma, most of the guys were trying to make a contact with them, they were turning around when passing by or were just smiling like teenagers.
After lunch Zoe took a train towards Split and promised to bring some more of her smiles, sparkles and charms that enchanted us all on her way back home. We won’t be able to drive her around in BMW X1 though
- Body style: SUV (sport utility vehicle)
- 5 doors & 5 seats
- Dimensions: app. 4,5 m x 1,8 m x 1,5 m
- Weight: 1,5 t
- Capacity (cc): 1995
- 4 cylinders & 4 valves per cylinder
- Max power: 150 hp @ 6400 rpm
- Max torque: 200 Nm @ 3600 rpm
- Acceleration (0-100): 9.70 s
- Max speed: 202 km/h
- Fuel type: petrol
- Fuel consumption (urban/extra urban/combined): 10.4 l / 6.2 l / 7.7 l
- Tires: 225/50 R17 94H
- X1 acts very sporty while driving on a highway :). It prefers such a terrain more than driving across the hills and through the forests :). Likes to be clean and prefers not to smear its beautiful feet☺
- Its pricing is the most appealing in BMW’s SUV line
- We loved its Marrakesch Brown metallic body color, its high-quality Orange/Black leather inside and wooden highlights in the cabin
- It looks sexy on the road
- The cabin is well isolated from the road and wind noises, so you can drive as fast as you can and you still hear your kids cry or scream from the back seats
- It is easy to handle it in town situations. With higher seats that the car offer, you can easily commande a view
- Phone calls, music and more. Use your mobile device via USB or Bluetooth. You can synchronize your phonebook, create a playlist or use the other Office functions. With the hands-free system, multifunctional steering wheel, iDrive Controller or Voice the any of your mobile devices can be operated safely
- It has a Navigation system Professional that can prevent losing, even if you wanted to “be lost” for a while
- USB audio interface for easy listening. Almost all common MP3 players, Apple iPods and USB sticks can be integrated effortlessly with the audio system. You can navigate through your long list of songs using vehicle’s control functions and title of your favorite track can be displayed either on the control or radio display. For us this is a »MUST HAVE« accessory these days
Could this car be your new best friend? We are sure it could! It has the same sparkles and charms that one very charismatic ”kiwi” has
With love T&L!