Can you remember times when you were sitting in the laps of your parents? It felt good didn’t it? How about cuddling in the laps of your grandparents while rocking in that old rocking chair of theirs? Did your grandparents use to have it? Mine parents did. I can still picture it. Big, brown, woody rocking chair. From time to time I climbed on it and try to sit there by myself. I didn’t feel safe on it, it was just too clumsy and too big for me then. I preferred rocking there while sitting safely in somebody else’s lap:)
Of course I grew up, and the chair became just the perfect place for having my long phone conversations with my friends. Rocking, talking, daydreaming, making plans on how and where to throw the next party… I also loved to rock in it when our fireplace was lit. Luckily I was the only child in our family, so I did not need to fight for the chair much. My dad sat on it from time to time, as for my mother is concerned I don’t remember seeing her rocking in that old chair. Being a mum myself now, I can imagine why she hasn’t tried to sit on it:). She must have seen how much we were enjoying it!
Anyway, I just saw a movie with a beautiful young couple, that got a baby. In her nice, pinky girlish and perfectly arranged nursery they had a white rocking chair for breastfeeding and rocking to sleep the little baby. It reminded me on our old rocking chair. I started thinking about getting one and putting it in my living room. When I told Louise about it, she called me crazy! She said that a chair like that would completely ruin the look of my living room. I cannot completely agree with her:). What is true though is the fact that I don’t have enough room to place such a chair somewhere where it could be fully operational. We would probably need to squeeze it next to the wall in order to give enough room to our children for their usual running around. When someone would want to rock in the chair they would need to move it around, so yes, probably not a good solution…..
That was it. The thought on how good it felt to be rocking with your eyes closed, thinking, reading or daydreaming kept me going. My persuade on the something that I could be rocking on continued. Of course, now I looked elsewhere. I was checking out some designers on line, I visited few shops in my hometown, but I didn’t find anything special. I still needed to find something that rocked!!! Rocked visually and rocked actually:). Louise helped searching. She is good at researching, especially if she thinks that her help is needed???!!!!
The other day, Louise and me were glancing through the Pinterest. When we checked out all the usual categories that we like to follow, we remembered to check the Home décor section as well. We came across the rocking horse that at first seemed to be meant for our children. When we gave more attention to the interesting gadget that we found, we realized that this rocking horse called Googy comes in two sizes. The small Googy is 53 cm tall and the big Googy is 70 cm. Since we were looking for something that we could easily and proudly put in my living room, we was totally impressed by the one dressed in golden leather. Googy is more than perfect to serve as a gorgeous piece of furniture as well as rocking horse where I am able to rock myself again after all these years. Of course I chose the big one, I was buying it for my self after all:). My kids are big enough to freely use it, so they won’t be deprived in any way.
Something that we must not forget to tell you is the fact that Googy got a prestigious design award this year! It got the Reddot design award 2012!!!
- Designed by: Wilsonic Design and Oblazinjeno pohištvo Novak
- Awarded by the Reddot design award in 2012
- Two sizes: Small Googy 53 cm, large Googy 70 cm
- Available in different colours and textures
- Made of easily cleaned fabric; to remove a stain, gently rub with water-soaked tissue
- You can also remove the fabric and wash it in washing machine at max 30C
- The wooden stand is covered by felt to protect the floor
- It is soft and gentle
- Googy is more than just a gorgeous piece of furniture
- It is designed to be very sturdy even during the young or old cowboys’ most vigorous races; our children tested it really thoroughly
- You can see different ways of using it demonstrated by us and our children:) all these ways of seating on it are proven to be really comfortable:)
- You can definitely use it as an extra seat when you are hosting friends and all the ordinary seats are taken
- Louise visited us few days ago and she even had a glass of champaign while rocking:)
- We were told that the athletes can do some great exercise on it; if the athletes can, we can also!
With love T&L!